Story time!! So my companion and I live with a little friend the size of a cat, can you guess what that is...a rat! WHoooo love it haha. This thing runs around all the time at night. It lives in between our floor and roof. My companion told me all the stories of them trying to kill this rat before i came and it would eat the food on the mouse trap it would snap and not be in the trap. The sticky trap with food on it was flipped upside down. He calls it a super rat and that it has super powers haha. I havent seen it yet though. Next It is so humid here that all my envelopes flaps stick together like they are already sealed together. Last week one of the investigators said before i can leave there house i have to sing a song...so i sang the REAL fight song to the family! yeah pretty sick I know! I love P-day and i love being with other missionaries every time we are with others (who speak english) I get so happy. Yesterday a girl came up to us and talked to us she was a member and she was speaking Tagalog i didnt know what she was talking about and then i heard Elder Linder and yeah she knows Rex i thought that was pretty cool. My ZL's name is Elder Roman and he knows Rex also! I was walking down the road the other day and two chickens were fighting! When a car drove by Two guys walked over and picked them up..Yeah actual Cock Fights in the middle of the road haha. So weird! Everyone here calls Americans Jo From GI Jo(thats what my Comp told me at least) so im walking down the road and people always say Hey JO. Pretty awesome, i'm a GI Jo. Also got some F bombs this week that is pretty rare...so far. Most people are really awesome and nice here but not all.One of the first days here a little girl that was a member said I was more handsome then the other American missionary haha Guapo ;) My apartment is also by a Jehova witness Church like right next door haha. Thought that was pretty funny. Sorry those stories are really scattered but I wanted to share them all.
I am doing great! i definitely wouldn't say adjusted but i am very close. Much better then the first week already.
2. What is your companions name? Where is he from? I need this info for your blog. I am putting each of your companions names and where they are from on your blog.
Elder Cendana. He is from Baguio Philippines. That is very cool i saw the blog and i love it!!
3. How is the food? Are able to get enough to eat? Make sure you are drinking enough liquids too. Are you able to use your water purifier bottle or buy water bottles from a reliable source?
The food is good i am getting used to it rice rice rice with everything haha. I eat a ton the investigators feed us all the time. I drink enough. We have a reliable source of water in our apartment it comes out very slow though. We drink soft drinks a lot though, they taste great because they are so cold and it's so hot.
4. When and where do you get to watch conference?
We watch conference at our big stake center. We get to see it on October 12th...so far away.
5. How many Elders are in your apartment? if you have more than you and your companion where are the others from?
Just my comp and I in the apartment I wish there were more.
6.Is the mosquito net helping? Use your mosquito repellent too, remember how the lady at the travel clinic told you to rub it on.
The mosquito net helps and it makes me feel protected from the bugs in the apartment which is nice. I don't really use the mosquito repellent for a lot of reasons. It smells bad and i have to rub it on and it doesn't come off forever so when I eat food with my hands i taste it.
7. Have you been able to eat a Mango, yet? How was it, if you had one?
Mango's dang they are tasty!! I love them and we have a blender in our apartment found that out this morning so im going to make some smoothies.
I am so stoked for those packages haha! I will send pictures o\when i get it (: Oh and i found toilet paper in the mall by our apartment so i think unless i go to Mindoro i will be fine. Thanks though! I ran out of time last week to send pics but i will send them all on my drop box today. Thanks for buying more dad. Oh and I bought a new proselyting bag at the mall with the card dad you probably saw that but i needed a new smaller bag because mine would barely fit in peoples houses.
Haha i am glad you enjoyed my last email mom and shouted with joy. I love Pday its PARTY DAY ;) Lou is the greatest she takes care of us. The language is getting better but it is still so hard. I feel like i won't be completely adjusted to this place until I can speak the language. Thanks for sending that email Bri you are so great! Mom thank you for sending that info out to all those peeps. Mom i will have to think about the stepping in front of cars thing ;) I love you all!
Love,
Elder Salisbury
No comments:
Post a Comment