I do not get mail every two weeks which sucks. We get mail whenever someone comes from the main land with it so usually every 6 weeks now. It is alright I still can send stuff though.
2. I assume you guys have a cell phone per companionship, right? Well, if your power is going out like that all the time how do you keep your cell phones charged?
If we don't have power we don't have fans and we have our phones till they die or the power comes back on. Per comp-ship
3. What do you guys eat as you travel 2 hours or more to investigators? Do you stop and buy lunch a long the way? What about drinks, do you take a water bottle or something? Do you use your filter?
We buy our water for our apartment which is 25 P per container and this week we were out for 3 days and the water guy didn't come but we were fine we just had to buy drinks, it was deffinitley harder though.
4. How was your week go? Is it their summer there, is that why it is so hot or are there hotter months ahead? When you get back to Utah this heat will be nothing compared to what you are experiencing there...you won't even break a sweat!!! Remember when Nick got back from Texas we were all hot and he wasn't even breaking a sweat!
How was your week go??? I think you messed up there ;) My week was good if that is what you meant. It is summer right now for about 3months I think. But it is so hot! Utah is hotter but the humidity is what kills it here so yeah Utah will feel great! I miss snow. And the dry heat.
5. What does the church building look like that you guys meet in? Take some pictures of it, please.
I will take pics of it. I guess the missionaries use to live there. Instead of our house now.
Family,
It has been 6 months it went fast, but i heard it gets faster when you know the language. So I will see you soon ;) This week was good. We got the apartment approved in the bayan and so the missionaries will be able to start a branch down there which will be great and there will probably be a ton of baptisms there now. Dad I got your letter of the talk it was awesome loved it and will be reflecting on that often. Thank you. The Cannons, I got there letter and I have heard a lot about the Elder Salisbury in the San Pablo Mission all the sisters from my MTC went to that mission...They said I am way cooler....just sayin. He sounds cool too though. I miss my MTC batch they are so awesome! This week we got an investigator that we taught one week ago and we asked them to read the BOM and usually they say yes and then don't (like everytime) But she did and I was so stoked! We asked her who Nephi's brothers were and she knew and also where they came from she also knew. It was so awesome! Like I said we have a lot of investigators but not a lot progressing. So that was nice to get a new progressing investigator. Also this week Elder Cendana is my ZL and he had to come down to do a bap interview of the other missionaries investigator and he got to work with me and that was a lot of fun. (he was my trainer) There are pics of that too. Later in the week we did a Community Service project and it was really hard work and a lot of fun. We did that on Saturday, Then E. Romney my last comp volenteered all of us with out telling us that we could help them on P-day....I told him at least talk to us before you do that. So we did that this morning and that is why i am emailing so late. It was good though and we helped them a lot.
In the picture of Cendana and I am holding a plastic bag with soda in it, it is awesome they do that everywhere in the Pines and it is because they recycle the glass soda bottles. Also this week I started waking up at 6 to do an extra 30 mins of language study and also it helps because my mind is fresh in the morning not at night. So yeah that was my week.
All of your weeks sounded awesome and a ton of fun. I can't wait to go up to Sun Valley after the mish it sounds so cool. There are a lot of things I miss about America but I am going to write a list of things I miss in America not to be trunky here but just to remember when I go home how lucky I am haha. Hey mom and dad thanks for the tips it will help a lot. I will really try to focus this week. I have noticed I really need to focus on my accent because I tried talking to this lady this morning and she thought I was speaking english but it was a correct Tagalog sentence so yeah I have a lot to work on. But there is a quote in our apartment wall it says "Don't be afraid of slowly growing, be afraid of staying the same" That has helped me continue to push with the language.
Yep a good 6 months I am ready for the next 6 months now (: I am happy you are all happy and doing well. Mom I hope your thumb gets better soon. And I hope you are doing good grammy I love you. (Eddy as well, spike his mohawk for me).
I love you family!! Thanks for all the support (:
Love, Elder Jordan Salisbury
No comments:
Post a Comment