Monday, February 10, 2014

HOT SEASON

Hello Family, 
1. How was your week?
Hard week. My comp was not good at sharing the lesson, which is hard to correct when you can't communicate very well. But yesterday he did great, we talked about it. He listened well and we are doing good now. 

2. Do the "brown outs" just happen or are they planned?
Just happen. There is a record board in the house and the record was set by my old kabahay (house comp) 1000 hours of no electricity, no fans no light for a month...that would suck. The longest one with me has been about 24 hours. They aren't too bad other then the no fans.

3. What are puso ng saging hamburgers (or heart of a banana burger)? Is it made from a banana? What else is on it?
It is just the banana before it turns into a banana. It is just the banana and eggs. 

4. Most memorable spiritual experience this week?
Yesterday we went to Tatay. He has a cleft lip and slurs when he talks (very hard to understand). He couldn't read the book of Mormon because the text is too small. So we bought him a magnifine glass and he was really happy. He said he wanted to start all the lessons over so he could read when we leave. It was just really nice because yes we have a lot of investigators but a lot of them, do not keep commitments and it is hard.

5. Funniest thing this week?
On the way here I was riding on the back of the trike standing. Just like a mongoose on Halo Bri will know what that is. and yes I was pretending to shoot stuff as were driving. That is a  lot of fun hanging on like that haha. Then we were going we had 8 people on that small trike 3 on the bike 2 in the basket 2 on the roof and then me standing on the back..that is how it is done in the jungle. Then we were going over this bridge with some bumps. I am standing right over the tire and he hit the bump pretty hard then as we hit it was hard haha. He pulls off the rode and we had a flat. Funniest part the driver gets off the trike and pushes the trike on two wheels sticks a stick that he found in the rode as a jack. Then he takes off the tire pulls the tube off puts a new tube on pumps it up then puts it back on, in like 5 minutes. He should be a Nascar pit man. He then put the trike back down kept the stick he found for the future. And we were off. 

Hey it takes too much time to write back to everything in your emails as you know. So sorry if I don't touch on everything. But that is super sad about Edward (Eddy is our dog and we just found out he is diabetic and needs insulin shots twice a day--Lisa) . I laughed a little about the peeing though, I kind of understand ;) That is good he wont be eating human food anymore though. 
Have fun in Sun Valley parents. Relax. A really enjoyable moment I had this week was chilling in my hammock after a hard day I broke open a coconut and some cookies ( crappy cookies) then watched the sunset. I will miss that about Mindoro. I learned a nice little lesson from that though, that even if you have a hard day you can enjoy something about it. That was a needed lesson for a hard week. 
Fun fact: I have the biggest area in the mission maybe all of the Philippines. Elder Romney and I did some math and my area is about 200 KM. My last area with Elder Romney I had Apo Island in my area which is one of the best resorts in the Pines.  We can;t go there but it is cool to say that was my area. I remember looking that up when I got my call and hoping I would get assigned in Mindoro. So Yeah we traveled to Mamburoa this week for a referral we had up there and it took a 2 hour bus drive just there and that is only half way of our area, a little less. Yep its big. When we were up there we found 3 New Investigators there shweeet. 

I hope you have a good week family and friends. It is beautiful here. I love you all a ton! 
Love, Elder Jordan Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment