Do you have any current investigators?
We have 12 current investigators.
Tell us about your most spiritual experience for the week?
Well most spiritual, we taught an investigator in candle light because it was a brown out. We taught the restoration and the lesson was just very spiritual.
What about the most funny experience?
We rode on top of a bus and Filipinos always yell hi to us. I sing the whole way at is a lot of fun!
Also for funny we talk to these skate boarders once in a while. and They had me skate this week, I did pretty good haha in church clothes I landed a pop shove it and a kick flip..they were impressed. They are stoners to the max and they always say bye to us by saying "spread the good vibes" haha so funny! We are going to go skate with them later this pday.
Are you getting nutritious food to eat and enough of it?
Food I think so. Let me tell you though this food is a lot harder to get use to then the main land I had some gnarly bathroom breaks.
This week we made puso ng saging hamburgers. Or heart of a banana burgers it was way good. We also cooked frog adobo and gutted our own frogs (pics in drop box). It was also really good. Our last Pday we went to the beach and hung out it was really pretty also look at the pics. You guys can post some if you want. (: So this week I met a less active 12 year old girl named Erica. She is so cute and awesome. But it is sad she lives alone in her house taking care of her 8 year old brother and still going to school. Her mom is trying to make money for them so she moved to manila as a maid and she cant bring her kids. So we gave Erica our phone to call her mom. It was so cute she was so happy to talk to her mom. It sounds like it has been a long time since she has. She is inspiring though.
Also cool this week my new area is the biggest in my mission. So it start in sablayan and goes all the way up north. So my area is half of occ. Mindoro...huge. I dont know if I said this but my apt. has a basketball hoop and pull up bar and a lot of space to run so me and my comp went jogging this morning for about two miles. It is awesome because he always wants to work out, so i am happy happy happy (:
Also I hope Grammy Jean is doing okay and know that she is in my prayers.
Thta is awesome that you and mom are studying so hard that was a great spiritual thought.
1.So, since you are a trainer....tell me your companions name, where, and date that he became your comp. I know you told me most but tell me again.
Elder Oedy Valencia. My comp january 29th
2. One of your comments was "there is no food in Mindoro". That is concerning to me!! What kind of food can you buy? What kind of food are you eating? What kind of food are you keeping in your fridge? If your power is constantly going out is the food even safe in the fridge? It will spoil fast!!
We are okay on food mom and dad it is just not as much options there are places to eat and buy food. We dont buy anything that has to be put in the fridge unless we eat it when we buy it.
3. How was your week?
Great, but hard week with the language but all is well.
4. Does your mission president know what you are living in?
He does i think but no one complains about the house because it is all we have for the branch that is there and we need it. also it is a very fun place to live.
I love you family and have a good week!
Love, Elder Salisbury
No comments:
Post a Comment