Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3-11-14

So this week was splendid. On P-day we went to Richards house (British guy) he was awesome, very opinionated. He made the dinner and we made two desserts. He made us Chili...He is a saint. American food....don't take advantage of it, you are very lucky. Next we made him two desserts he never has had 1. Filipino dish called Mango float, sobrang masarap Next we had s'mores and it was funny mainly just the Americans were freaking out to have s'mores everyone else liked them but we were STOKED! Richard is an investigator (not ours) he is funny he always calls his wife darling. But yeah he has lived there for 3 years and barely speaks Tagalog...actually like none. 
Next Elder Echo Hawk spoke for us on Tuesday for our mission tour. It was really good and powerful. He taught mainly about the importance of members and obedience. During the mission tour sister Revillo was speaking and there was this huge fly on her mic and pres Rev got up with a Liahona and smacked the mic, it was so loud and so funny haha. He then got up for his turn and said I probably should have waited to do that but just so all you know I got it. Haha he is awesome.He talked about how important it is to work with the members.
We got the missionaries moved out so now it is just two of us in the apartment, it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I am speaking Tagalog all the time now, so i am getting a lot better. We deep cleaned the apartment and man was it gross! But it is a lot better now and we found a bunk bed in the back so we aren't sleeping on the floor anymore. I know you will like that Mom. Later this week we found this girl we always buy food from, we gave her a pamphlet and the next day we went to get food again and I talked to her and asked her how the reading was she said she finished...wait you actually read it? haha that doesn't happen a lot. I asked her if she wanted another one and she said yes I gave her the plan of salvation next day came back and she said I am finished, It made me really happy next visit BOM. What is sad is that she is not our investigator anymore because of the apartment switch but I trust the missionaries there. Next good experience this week was when we worked with some members. We were working with a few of the youth and I was talking to them and we talked the whole evening and at the end they said you have gotten so much better since when you got here two months ago and, I thought I still sucked but they made me realize I am progressing which makes me very happy. They also said they were going to be my teachers which is nice I need help haha. Also for transfers I am staying with my comp but my new district leader was the AP and this was his old area he is really cool and I am excited to work with him here. Oh and Elder Watts my bestie here is transferring to my first area haha pretty cool. I love you all! 
Love, Elder Salisbury


1. I always have to ask...How are you? How was your week?
Week Good
2. The family you taught the peace sign to...are all the kids theirs? How many kids do they have? What did they feed you? How many lessons have they been taught?
The family isn't my investigator but I know those aren't all there kids. They have been taught I think 3 lessons.
3. How were the s'mores with the British guy? Is he a member or an investigator?
 In the email
4. You talked about the guy that let you use his cups and his chairs...for your coke and chicharon.  What is "chicharon?"
Chicharon I don't know how to spell that but it is, pig skin deep fried and flavored. It is actually really good. I love it. 
5. Did you get to see President Revillo while he was on the island?  Any package from us yet?

Yes!  I got your guys package with my Jazz shirts and scrips and food! I loved It the food is awesome I love the pro bars! they were legit! I love the shirts! I am wearing one now. I am going to play the national sport of the Philippines called Takraw. Look that up it is cool! Thanks for the package it is amazing! If these packages are expensive you don't need to send them I have enough food. Just saying I love them but if it is too expensive don't (: 
6. Do you know what is going to happen on transfers?
sa email ko

No comments:

Post a Comment