Monday, March 3, 2014

Ended February right

Hi fam,

1. How are you doing?
great! Good week.
2. So, you are down to a 2 person apartment?  Is it going to stay that way or are they going to put more missionaries in with you?
Yes sadly I am. Yes it will stay that way, Elder Watts and I think that two people in the apartment and being with that person 24/7 is very unhealthy for the relationship of the Elders. 
3.  Does your mission President come over to the island, ever?  Yeah He comes about once a transfer including tomorrow.
4.When are transfers? Have you received any packages yet?  I hope you get them when the transfers happen.  I sent the first one a month a go and the second one 3 weeks ago.
Transfers end March 12th. And not yet.

Oh mom before you send that package if you can find American handkerchief or bandannas and put like four in that would be SICKKKK! Mom I am fine here but if you want to send me packages with delicious food I won't stop you/ Highly encouraged. ;) Thanks Mom, training without speaking the language the best is super hard!  That is an awesome story about the girl in your mission it is a small world! Dang mom that is crazy I will definitely pray for you! I hope it goes smoothly that is a long recovery though! Have fun without me on that trip haha that sounds way fun! This Pinoy in my house likes a girl from Arizona so I just told him that you are going there!  haha. That will be a great Christmas back! 

Dad,
1. What is your favorite chapter in Preach My Gospel and why?
I really like the Christ like attributes gotta say that is our goal right? 
2. How is the extra effort coming on the language?
Slows down and speeds up a lot but I am feeling better about it this week.
Thanks for all the tips Dad you are brilliant and a great role model and hope to be just like you one day. I like that chapter as well I will read that more this week. Keep up the Fitness and spiritual goals Love you! 

So this week was awesome! We went to this British guys house in Watts's area and did service for him it is so awesome to speak english to someone! He is way cool. He is making a forest reserve and trying to bring back all the natural trees to Mindoro. So we helped him plant trees. He told us that Mindoro was home to one of the 22 Species of crocodiles called like Mindorian crocodilla something like that. But yeah we asked him if he knew what s'mores are and he said no so we freaked out and asked if we could come back and make s'mores with him on Pday (today) sweet so we have a family home evening tonight with him! It is going to be so cool! He is a nice guy! Later in this week Elder Romney and I (my previous comp) went on exchanges to these mountains in Lagaya and tried to find a Mungyan referral. We found him and we taught him but he was a church leader for the Mungyans up there I don't know how interested he is but it was cool. Elder Romney and I are the first Missionaries ever to be up there, so that is cool to say. Later that day we took a break by that awesome beach I sent pictures of and this guy let us use his cups and beach chairs for our cokes and chicharon. He was really nice.  Such a beautiful spot that I would love to go back to some day! Then we went to this one family where I am doing the peace sign and taught them then they fed us. They were really fun and I felt comfortable there and I spoke pretty decent Tagalog right then. Later that night we went to wait for a bus and no buses were going north and we were 1 and a half hours from our house and it was getting to about 10 so we took a bus going north and chilled at Elder Watts's apartment (still an hour away) hahah it was awesome! When I got there Watts and I went and bought some food quick and this creepy guy comes up to us and tries grabbing Wattso's hand it was so weird! Watts was like "huwag" Or do not, that was all that he thought of at the time haha. it was creepy but so funny. we then went inside and locked the doors...That guy is their neighbor. That was the story of the week! 
I love you fam and Friends hope you are all doing great! Love from the "Rock"

Tomorrow (for me) Is a year since Ty passed away and I just wanted to say that I miss that kid so much and I have felt his influence in my mission so much! I can't wait to talk to him again one day! I miss the Robinsons as well I would love to email them can you get there email to me?

Love you Tyler! <3 
THR

Love, Elder Jordan Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment