Monday, March 24, 2014

Hello and dad

1. What did you get in your packages?  I have sent you three and I can't remember what was in each one.  Was there a "United for the Philippines" lacrosse shirt (or was that in with your Christmas package--pretty bad I can't even remember!)   
It has the jazz shirts and the lacrosse Philippines shirt which I am wearing now. And the West Virginia shorts also wearing now. I have a picture in them at my favorite view here.
2. What happened with the farmer (who was baptized back in 2009)?  
He didn't come to church but we are hoping
3. How was your week? How are you doing? Are things going better with the lessons with Elder V?
Week pretty hard. Doing, I am okay. No
4. What did you do for your p-day today (well your today--Monday)?
We are going to the beach and playing volleyball/soccer/badmitten I am excited

First off mom I am so happy you are doing well. I hope you keep getting better quick. I am excited to read about Sandee's baptism. And me and the other Elders had a good laugh about the apartment. I agree it is a dump but what is so funny every missionary wants this apartment for one reason...to beat all there friends in the worst living conditions haha. It is terrible but it is not bad when you get use to it. This week was a little rough though because we had no electricity for 2 to 3 days. We were so hot. I woke up and my bed was drenched. I would wake up in the middle of the night dehydrated from sweating so much and had to drink a lot of water. That was bad. It is still off right now but this computer shop has a generator. This week was ok for work we found this new investigator who we think will progress, her dad died in December and she is very curious about the plan of salvation. We invited her to Church and she said she will come and... she didn't. I don't know why but no one ever comes to church here. It is very sad. We have this new member in our ward who moved from the main land. He is good he works with the missionaries a lot.  I am contending with him and my comp to get time in teaching in the lessons. He is a RM and so he thinks he is still suppose to lead lessons and extend commitments. And then after he expects us to buy his food. So now I have to tell him and my comp to share the lessons and that we can't feed you anymore. He doesn't have a job and he doesn't start school until july. Yay.. 
Yep I hope this week will be better. But this pday will be good. I love you family (: 

Love, Elder Jordan Salisbury 

No comments:

Post a Comment