Thursday, July 31, 2014

1 year to go!

So this week was good a really long week! The longest I have gone without a pday in my mission. The work is going great though it is the highest numbers I have gotten my entire mission. The two areas is stressful a bit but not too bad. We got 10 new investigators last week and already 5 more since Monday. This lady in our ward once and a while just has us sit at her house and she goes and finds random people she knows to be taught by us. It is awesome we just get like tons of referals brought straight to us (sometimes) we don't even walk when she does that. We just chill in her house wait for a ton of investigators and then we tell little kids to go buy us snacks at the tindahan (store) and then we give them some snacks too. haha it is luxurious and it works very well. I am trying to think what else happened this week. Oh yeah we went to the temple today turns out from now until the last six weeks I was there there is another new video, Just got to say I like the old new one better than this new one. Also I saw Elder Starr this week and Elder Saurez (Elder Starr is my batch or we came in the mission the same time). Also happy 1 year left to me last Tuesday haha!! In celebration Elder De Luna had me give the work shop in district meeting and I had us play a preach my gospel/scripture race and the price was king size candy bars but one for each of us, They loved it! Elder Tipene one of my favorite missionaries is in my district and he now has his flight plans back to New Zealand He leaves this transfer. Also Elder Peck emailed me and sent me pictures of him swimming and eating sushi, I was like you Jerk haha. oh yeah a new sister in our mission is from Pakistan crazy right! I met her this morning at the temple. I sent you all a small note thing last week so watch for that.   Love you family! 
Love Elder Jo Salisbury

1. So, Elder De Luna is from Cauayan...I assume that is in the Philippines?
He is from Isa Bela Cauayan It is in Cauayan Philippines mission

2. Have you got your package or will you have to wait till transfers?
I haven't got it yet. I don't really understand I feel like we got mail quicker in Mindoro.

3. How was your week?  
It was good but long. 

Yeah Kolton talked to me he said he is doing good now. Thanks for the mash potatoes i am excited to try. Also I will make you the soup if I remember how to make it haha. Okay I will get on the shirt and hat if possible. 
That is awesome mom that is sounds like a great way to get to know your missionaries and sounds more entertaining than just the Ipad. 

I am sure that it will slow down a bit like you said you crammed it in to finish for transfers that would make it a lot busier. I am sure it will slow down a little bit. 

Keep it up mom I love you too

Jo  

That is awesome you get to talk to the missionaries about your family, I also love when people ask about the fam. 
Dang dad that is one crazy week! But about the car options I am familiar with both those are pretty common cars here I like the GMC looks better I don't know about the interior though. That is one crazy week though!
That is a lot of new missionaries I hope we get that many so I can have four people in our apartment again. Hope you get some better hotels! 

That is awesome you have so many new friends and stuff. I am sure you are both growing so much. About the exercise thing I agree It is so hard to work out in thirty minutes plus with still having a year left I am having a hard time being motivated to work out, I was easily motivated back home now I am only motivated when I think I am getting fat...i am not but yeah I feel ya. 
That is an awesome experience dad about the closing hymn helping you how true that is. 

I love hearing your successes and challenges too. Summary of mine this week. Successes are at an all time high for me. Challenges language slightly still but I am not bad I am actually really good at just speaking to people but I suck at teaching. But I saw progress the other day when I didn't think so much about teaching the lesson and just thought about what can I say so this investigator will understand this lesson. And it worked so well! So i am focusing on doing that every lesson.
Thanks dad you and mom keep up the hard work! And focus on the blessing of each challenge. 

I love you too. 
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment