Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hey Guys I am going to be 20 shweet!

So mom and dad I did something bad.......................................................I got the package you guys sent me and I did what you told me not to do...I opened all my presents before my birthday. So you know how back home you have people telling you not to open your presents before your birthday well here in the mission field it is slightly different. You take home your beautiful package and your roommates companions and even zone will watch you open it then they see the wrapped presents and then tempt you and say they will never know, and then they put them in your face and say I bet you are curious what is inside here, you are then thinking in your head why temptest thou me? And then your vision goes blank and you wake up ten minutes later with tons of new ties and wrapping paper everywhere. 

I really loved the package though! I was wanting new ties and I love the USA lacrosse shirt! Thank you for the letters those were my favorite! Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Nate and Nick those were probably the funniest letters I have ever read on my mission. I was reading all my letters out loud at our house yesterday and I got to those ones I am like is this a rap?.. Haha I was dying of laughter my roommates were too. They were for real thoes rhymes were so ill! Also dad you chose a good magic trick thing. I have already learned two tricks I haven't used them with little kids yet but I can not wait. My room mate Elder Tonga said I am already better then this kid in our zone that has this huge magic book haha, thats whats up no one beats me I have magician in my blood!  Also Grandma Jean for the pez I love them especially the Captain America one (i have become obsessed with AMerican since living here) Elder Tonga and Mejos have never had Pez and they really like them. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Salisbury as well for the packages and letters I love them! I love the snacks you put in them, and your sunflowers were huge G-ma! Also last night before we went to bed Tonga Robison and I were playing with those popper toy things you bought, while eating the box of oreos. We would try to time the popper things and catch them on the way up before it would start coming down. It is really hard haha we were screaming and laughing because of how hard and intensely focused we were. Then the guard came over and asked if we were okay haha we said yes. We then realized it was 11 pm we were like shoot we thought it was 930. Missionaries are entertained easily I think. 

Also Christopher the 37 year old passed his interview yesterday and he is getting baptized 1 day before my birthday and he asked me to baptize him. He is an eternal investigator, as in he has been an investigator for a long time. He has been dropped I think three times. So it is really cool God prepares people on his own time. He wasn't ready back in the day but he is now. I am glad Elder Acaling and I decided to teach him again. 

I am going to be twenty, that is weird! I spent my last year of my teenage years in a foreign country speaking a weird language and teaching people about the restored Gospel, only in our church would that be normal...haha but I am so glad I have been here I have come to enjoy the little things and appreciate things a lot more than I use to even things like an incredibly clean street in Utah haha. My understanding of the Gospel and my testimony has increased so much and that is something no one could regret. 
Thanks for the love and support family I am a very blessed person! I loved conference and I learned a ton, I am so grateful for a living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and I love how everyone the Apostles and all the members appreciate him so much. I love you family! 

Love, Elder Salisbury 

The retainer is just clear. they didnt have that stuff
1. Where is Elder Mejos from? (for the blog...I know it is the Philippines but where?) 
Elder Mejos is from Samar Philippines. He has been out 6 months, He has been a convert for about a year and a half now. He is the only member in his family but he said his brother is being taught right now and will hopefully be baptized soon.  I like working with him. 

2.Also, where is Elder Robison from and Elder Brown...City and State for the blog.  
So Elder Robison is from Rigby Idaho and Brown was from Compton California but Brown Transferred and Elder Tonga the new one is from Tonga he speaks more Tagalog then english so we just all speak Tagalog in the house. I like Tonga a lot. Tonga is humble really funny and we just love hanging out with him. 

That is awesome about the Cebu sister in your mission. Does she speak any Tagalog or just Cebuano? 
haha mom that sounds like a great school! I am pretty set on UVU right now but I will definitely think about it. Remind me again to think about it closer to when I go home. (: 

Dang crazy about the 3 missionaries glad they are okay. 
That would be fun to see that SVU campus I would love to explore the campus I could think about going to school there. Robison knows about it and he has heard great things about it. 
That is awesome enjoy that conference! 
Thanks love you Mom and Dad! 
Ps. send me some pics of the SVU

No comments:

Post a Comment