Monday, January 6, 2014

One of the best weeks so far.

1.How was your week?
Answered in the title

2. How is your JAZZ fan investigator?
Jazz investigator we already dropped him yesterday because as we were going to talk to him he hid behind his jeepney so yeah we just pretended like we didn't see him. It was really funny he looked like a child playing hide and seek.
3. Have you received your "Best Man tie", yet?
I might get it tomorrow, tomorrow is mail run.

4. When are your transfers or temple day?
Next week is not temple day I will be on on Monday

Look in my dropbox for the rat. We killed a baby rat. and We got a big one caught on a trap and it fell down the stairs woke us up elder suarez was beating it with a flip flop then it got released from the sticky pad we played soccer with its body for a couple seconds (that was gross and we didnt mean to) then It got passed us and ran into its hole. 

I will try to get a box for the food. We are also trying to move apartments...probably won't happen.   I wrote brandon already, He says its crazy there. Nick and dad that is awesome about the table! Even crazier that Nick and Morgan are getting married next week! Morgan the temple is awesome I will give some advice but Understand as much as you can, but the more you study your scriptures the more that makes sense. I am writing you and Nick a letter and will send a picture of it to mom to give you guys for you wedding and it wont be there for a while...sorry :/ 
A cool story about the Manila temple I heard yesterday..When the war was going on in like 1986 The soldiers took camp on the Manila temple grounds and the temple president said you cant stay here but they wouldnt move. Then the Temple workers went inside and prayed then walked back outside and they say that when they walked back outside The 2000 stripling warriors appeared behind them and the soldiers got scared and took there camp and ran. Pretty cool right! (here is more of the specifics on the story of the Manila temple written by Elder Oaks that Paul found https://www.lds.org/ensign/2001/06/miracles?lang=eng)
Reason why this week was so good:
 First new years was crazy and so much fun. New Years here is like none other! Little kids lose fingers from throwing fireworks each year..luckily I didnt see any fingers. To understand how crazy it was imagine 20 million people with big fireworks that arent even aloud in Utah unless you are REAL Salt Lake and then put that with every person in the city having some. I was a little nervous for a bit but it was just so crazy and I was on/in the house so I was kinda safe. Some blew up right over our heads and we got firework ash on us! It was awesome. Everywhere you look was a fire work blowing up. It was a deep fog of fireworks in our apartment. It was a war zone and I loved it! Second I did exchanges with the Manila MTC and I went with a Tongan who couldn't speak Tagalog barely at all haha. It was such a great confidence boost because I found out I can speak a lot more then I thought. I tried to push him to say things. So I did one of the scariest things with him...knocking doors. Haha so before we went to this door that we tracted a week earlier I told him when you go up to the door say "tao po" and then Ask "Nandito ba si Marlin" Is marlin here? Pretty easy right? haha he went up and panicked and forgot what to say so he mumbled something and then I ended up just talking to them haha. He did really good though and will be a great missionary. 3rd We had a street contact about two weeks ago a guy selling Balut and we got his number and then the other day We had a lesson with him and he walked far to get to the church so we could teach him (he was embarrassed of his house) When we taught him the spirit was so strong we invited him to read the book of mormon and ask god if it was true. The day after he came to church (yesterday)  and we over heard him talking to a member about his experience with us the day before and he said "yesterday I felt that this was the true church". Elder Saurez and I got so excited. We taught him right after church about Gospel blesses families and then asked if he would get baptized january 25th and he said yes! It was so cool! His name Is Alloy. It made this week so good and made me so happy. I just felt joy in my soul. Just like it talks about in the scriptures.

I hope You enjoy the stories of a great week! Nick and Morgan I am so excited for you two and wish I could be there! But have so much fun and take it all in. I love you both and can't wait to say Morgan________....Do you get it...haha! I love you everyone!
Love Elder Jordan Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment