Tuesday, January 28, 2014

PARADISE

Goodness mother that is a lot a questions.


1. How is Sablayan, Mindoro?
Sablayan is in the middle of rice fields and mountains and ocean. We see tourists here quite a bit because it is so pretty.  It gets pitch black at night but I see the entire universe of stars and that is so cool.

2. Are you still using your mosquito net for your bed?
Nope I threw that baby stuff out haha. I am one with the wild ;) Before I go to bed each night though I have to brush my bed off from...rat poops yep more rats.
3. Where do use the bathroom, do you have an outhouse?
We have a toilet with no running water there is a picture of it in my dropbox. sometimes during those brownout no light in there either haha fun.

4. How do you shower?
Shower I pump water in a bucket then go to our bathroom and dump it on myself till i am clean. YEAH SPIDERS ERWHERE

5.How do you wash dishes?
Dishes is the worst part it takes a long time to clean them all so we just do it when we need them. We have a sponge by our water pump and you do that.

6. Does Mindoro have any fast food chains or any good grocery stores?
We have grocery stores 30 minutes from our house and then the only fast food we have is in San Jose called Jollibee it is so gross. But that is 3 hours away from our apartment. I miss the Quezon City food but I still love it here.

7. Why are the monkey's chained to the trees?
They are pets of people. They catch them in Mindoro and sell them. I want one. 

8. What part of Washington is Elder Romney from?  What is Elder Romney's first name? What was your exact day you were transferred to Mindoro? (all for the blog)
Forks Washington. Jefferson. 15th of January.

9.How did you travel to Mindoro? Plane? Boat?  Plane

10. Were you able to take your weights?
No but I left them in the office for when I get back. I only got to take one suitcase with 20 kilos the rest is in the mainland
11. How many live in your "cave?"  4

12. What is the ward like? is it a district? How many members in the ward/ district?
The ward is very small and i have heard they have gossip problems. It is a branch. There are about 40 people but not all of them come to church.

13. How many missionaries are serving on Mindoro?
20 missionaries in Mindoro 

There are a lot of things in the Philippines you would not like mom. But yeah I will be careful on the trikes. 
I will be careful dad. Haha somethings I probably shouldnt tell mom. So my house doesnt meet the requirements for the mission haha so yeah it is gnarly. Dont email the president mom I like the house..well somethings about it. The past couple of days we had to go to San Jose for Interviews and so we stayed at the ZL's apartment with like 15 elders and it was a lot of fun. My zone leaders 1 from FIJI and the other was my trainer Elder Cendana. Anyway I ended up sleeping outside the apartment on tile two nights in a row. Hard nights to sleep. But that floor was cleaner then our apartment so it was fine. Wish I could go there more. 
 So I dont know if you heard but I am training here! It is going to be pretty crazy.  My comp Is Elder Valencia and he is from Naga Mission. He doesnt speak any English and So I hope my tagalog gets good soon haha. 

Some stories: Today for Pday we are going to the beach and chill and maybe play soccer or something...I miss swimming.  Dad during interviews I asked President Revillo what advise he would give you and he said, "Don't be too anxious everything will fall into place" I thought he said that very well. I love President Revillo he is a great president and he likes me a lot :) So yeah the last week we have traveled a lot back and forth from Sablayan to San Jose. It has been fun! I love my zone! two people finished there mission Elder Mccoy and Elder Rokuro. Mccoy is from Lehi, Nate and Liz. But two of my favorite people Elder Cox and Watts (SANDY) Wattso is the best he played lax for Jordan and we are besties in the mission. So yeah I love my zone! 
I hope this is a good email I will try to write more stories next week. But I am doing great! I am glad you are all doing good to! I love you guys!
Love, Elder Jordan Salisbury

PS... can you send my small quad scriptures? let me know (: thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment