Tuesday, April 1, 2014

...I killed a duck this week

Family, 

1.Have you had power this week?
Most of the week but we ran out of gas on our stove, we are getting more today though.

2. Is your water guy that comes by the apartment been coming by so you have water to drink?
yes

3.I looked up Takraw the Philippines national sport and watched a YouTube video of it...that is pretty crazy!  It is almost like a cross between volleyball and soccer.  So, did you have fun playing it? Did you do some back flips? ;)
Super cool Right! 

4. How is your week?  I hope it has been better.
in my email it talks about that...better week though. But I can't wait for conference.

It has been a better week. Still very hard. I am not enjoying this language right now. It is very very hard and I just can't seem to get it. But I feel that I am being pushed to my limits but not past them and I am grateful for that. Not too many stories I can remember this week for some reason. 1. It was our investigators bday he wanted me to kill the duck to eat it.  I am glad to say i have done that but i don't want to again. Work was ok this week the best news is that we got 4 less actives at church and we have a scheduled baptism for a person in a less active family. All good things. Dad I meant to write on the subject line great Tagalog. Also this week I did exchanges with Elder Peck and I saw how I wish my mission life was right now haha. It is hotter than ever right now. I am always disgusting out here. A weird thing is the couple missionaries came by our house this week and checked our apartment and said oh it's not that bad...I was like are you serious...this place is terrible! I just don't think they wanted to deal with it. They said well at least you have concrete walls....okay. It is all good though we got permission to either get our fridge fixed or buy a new one. Yeah yesterday was a good pday we got to do everything and becasue there was no power we get to have time today...sweet!  My district leader (Peck) and I were talking about that this week and he shared this story with me. That in the Book Of Mormon it doesn't say fun once but how much does it talk about everlasting joy and happiness, so many times. Then we talked about how we are so glad we are serving missions that if we didn't I bet we would be having a lot of fun but not sure if the path we would have taken would have led us to everlasting joy and happiness. I loved this it is so true. Satan has a lot of fun things to offer us but no joy or happiness. Happiness comes through trials and it isn't always fun to get there. Just like "It's Time" (song by Imagine Dragons) that Tyler always quoted, "The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
I loved your emails this week I dont have time to write back to all of it but I love you all so much! Thank you for the support and inspiration. 
Love, Elder Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment