Tuesday, April 22, 2014

HOLY week...What?

Fam,
So first off mom I wanted to answer your question about showering...do you remember that picture of my toilette? Yeah in there with a bucket, we pump the water from our beautiful rusted pump..It is a lot of fun. I haven't had a warm shower since the MTC haha but if you boil water and put it in your bucket it gets luke warm sometimes but i am usually too lazy for that. "It's more fun in the Philippines". Also Mr. Cooks son was on the Island Palawan? I want to go there so bad it is beautiful there! I love the Jordy scowl by kate, she learned from the best. Also my spelling is getting worse, I just spelled scowl, SKAWL the Filipino way haha, just thought that was funny. So last week i didnt send pics there are some awesome ones last week and this week check it out. Also i forgot to tell you last week that I was in a earthquake here in Sablayan 4.8 magnitude my comp woke up freaking out saying earthquake and i looked up and I didn't feel anything and for some reason I just stayed in bed and did absolutely nothing. So yeah not a big deal. This week was holy week It is people walking the streets whipping themselves with sharp whips and then laying in the road on a cross having their friends whip them...They clearly don't understand the atonement. Also i heard a little more south than Sablayan in San Jose (ZL's area) that people nail themselves to crosses. 
It is super crazy to me that my trainer Elder Cendana is going home tomorrow. That went so fast he called me today because he got permission from the AP's to say goodbye I am excited for him and will miss him a lot. A story this week first in Sablayan this week watched conference in Tagalog because last week it was in San Jose in English. But we had 2 less actives come and 2 investigators. I am excited I think that we might get a baptism this transfer, I am hoping!! His name is Jyro and he is 14 and a male which is our focus in our mission. There are a lot of girls who get baptized it is harder for males. Also I learned that drunk people can be annoying but also very helpful we got like four drunk people asking us to come teach them when they were not drunk so I hope tomorrow they won't be drunk. Elder Valencia is transferring! That was some of the hardest 3 months of my life! If nothing else i got very patient. I hope my next comp and I get a long  very well. I am sure we will though. Also this week Elder Gonzaga and I did exchanges we made some music vids (after work) but i dont think i will be able to send them  i will try though. That was enjoyable. Today i travel to San Jose and Pick up my new comp from the airport tomorrow morning.  Last thing Thanks again so much for the package I loved it! I am getting better at cooking for myself...because i have to but I totally found bacon the other day...i cooked it this morning it was masarap! Dad, Thank you for those inspired tips! I love that immerse yourself in the language and gospel. I need to work on both of those more. That is cool about the church and youtube. I am so glad you had a wonderful week keep working hard mom and dad, take advice from the guy that helps you and from President Revillo don't get too nervous about leaving all will fall into place, who God calls, he qualifies. Now my tip for when you are in the field, something that helped me get through the last two transfers was having something to look forward to mine was zone conference and Interviews. So the advice just make those two things something to look forward to. 
I love you all,
Elder Jordan Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment