Monday, April 28, 2014

New comp and stuff

1. How was your week with your new companion? 
It was great we have a lot in common. 

2. How are your shoes holding out? Did you take all your shoes to the island or are there some in the mission home? 
My shoes are doing really well they are very sturdy and they have a hole in the bottom but not all the way through also the top souls are flipping up but for how long i have had them and how much they have been through they are doing good. I have one here and one in the city. 

So this week, Jyro we went to his house and he let us come in and teach but then when we taught he forgot everything we taught him and we could tell he just wasnt interested. So we decided to reteach the lesson and invite him to church again. He said I don' t know if I will be able to come to church tomorrow and it was just not good. He didn't come to church and is not going to be able to be baptized by his bap date in may. Some good news on the work though is that our less active family who we brought back and there daughter Jessabell passed her baptismal interview yesterday and is getting baptized in two weeks on the beach! I am so excited, we are hoping her dad will get to baptize her, he has to be interviewed but I think he is clean so yeah, good stuff. Also we found more investigators who look promising we hope so. Next Companion, my new comp Elder Delfin is so awesome we are really similar and have a lot to talk about. I get tired sometimes because I was use to silence for two transfers and now we talk all the time. He likes the same music and other things but we mostly talk about music. We work really well together though and I think we will see a lot of success together. This week we finally got a fridge that is working. We cleaned the apartment a lot and I am getting good at cooking...the recipes I know. Also it is really funny Every night when we get home from work I have to go outside with elder Delfin Every time he uses the pump haha he is too scared to go out there alone at night. But yeah I am really happy with who my new companion is. 

Response to email: 
That is so cool he went to Palawan That is my dream. There are snakes here but I havent seen any. Apparently there are huge anacondas though And it ate a small child. 
About holy week no we didn't have to go in early, just be careful. I have to be honest people here don't scare me too much. But no we got to watch from the streets. 
Haha yes I love my Tatay Cendana he is the best! You should all add him. He speaks english well so you can talk to him too. 
Wow I love that you got to go to eat with my friends moms I miss those guys so much! 
Thanks for the prayers I realized you love your mission if you love you companion. 
Dang that is sad wish Scott well for me, I hope he is doing okay. I hate cancer. 
I will let you know about mothers day asap. 
Dads;
I have but I havent read it yet. 
First week went great, thanks. 
Yeah I feel ya on the home thing dad ;) But I guess it just isn't a mission without one hard place to live. 
That sounds crazy (about the mission) so it is hard to get missionary couples? So I should appreciate mine in my mission a lot? ..Of course haha. Yeah that sounds very difficult to run a mission. You got my prayers though. 
Yeah that is a great book, I have to remember some of those things sometimes because as much as I want a good attitude it is much harder said than done. Yep I like that too side-by-side it is nice to have that and I can't wait to email you guys in the field! You will both do so well I am excited. 

I love you family! I miss you all.
Love, Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment