Monday, June 9, 2014

CITY LIFE

I am back in the city. At first I was really sad for leaving Mindoro. But it is all good I enjoyed seeing all the missionaries I haven't seen for a long time yeah it is a lot different here. My first day back I saw a super car, some sort of Jaguar and  had macdo (McDonald's) so delicious. My new area is so nice, it is the cleanest place I have seen in the Philippines, there are still ugly places in my area but overall nice. I have the best college in the Philippines in my area. It is called UP or University of the Philippines. It is a super cool campus just look on my pics from drop box and the one with the arches and statue is it. The ward so far is really nice. They sang and it wasn't terrible...it shocked me. This lady came up to us yesterday and said hey elders so how many dinner appointments do you want this week....wow I think I will like it here haha. We dont have a lot of investigators but the ones we do have are good. We gave one a baptismal date on Friday and she said yes! She is awesome she takes notes on the assignments we give her and on our lessons. We are hoping she will get baptized June 28th her name is Jessica she has a cleft lip and is kind of hard to understand her but i can. And guess what....I haven't heard this probably my whole mission (in a lesson) but two or three family's said I am good at Tagalog! KNOCK ON WOOD! Also I understand people a lot better in the city less deep Tagalog. What a relief I thought I would never understand haha. Plus my new comp doesn't speak english so it is good it is coming. I am follow up training again,  I like this one a lot. I miss Elder Peck though haha we got close during those two transfers and he will be ending his mission in Mindoro so I might not see him until after my mission. But yep it was a good week. Also I think TEMPLE DAY!!! is next week so if I email on Wednesday that is why. 

1. How was your week?
Good

2. Where are you? (your first area was the Quezon City 5th ward--let me know the name of this area)
This is Quezon City 1st ward but i am Quezon City 1B. If you want to see my area look up University of the Philippines

3.What is your companions name? Where is he from?
Elder Barreno he is from Pangasinan Philippines close to Elder Cendana

4. What is your apartment like?
Apartment is decent. It is really small for four elders but boy is it nice compared to the last one! I have a shower cold but a shower. We have aircon in our room but we can't use it because it is so expensive...so tempting haha. so yeah it is crowded but nice. I have a pic on my dropbox of it. 

Response:
Yeah I like my comp he is really funny and kind of hyper. ET'd means Emergency transferred just a term for if you leave your area before the transfer is over not always an emergency. That was nice of the Warnocks and others to do that for you. That is a very cool Idea mom that you liz and Morgan did for your clothes, that will help a lot i am sure. Dang that sounds like a perfect Jacob Tolbert wedding I wish i could have seen that haha. Mom i am sure you are ready it is crazy though that it is already here. 
True stuff dad I dont know if i have time to respond to all of yours so sorry if i dont. My thoughts on that is it is awesome and they need to hear it! That sounds like an awesome party dad! 
Dang dad that is awesome about the plaques you and mom are going to be so inspiring! 
I love you too dad and yes I have gotten food! (: Also just to let you know it is way more expensive in the city...I am already out of support and we have a week left with this.
Love you family!! 
Love, Elder Jordan Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment