Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ

The scripture on the subject line is my little revelation in the temple this morning, that I want to work on. I want to work on the faith part because of course we can do all things through Christ but not if we don't have faith efficient for it. yep that is my goal increased faith. So yeah my week has been good and so tiring! I think I might take a nap on this glorious Pday. So this week with the work, what has happened is one of our investigators, Jessica the one that is getting baptized on the 28th hopefully. so yeah we taught her the word of wisdom and asked her if she had any problems and she does with alcohol and tea. She does. So we are sure that was a inspired lesson. Also since we went back she hasn't had problems which is awesome and as long as she doesn't anymore she can make it for her baptism! She is great and she still takes notes! Our numbers in our area have gone up a bunch this last week which is awesome of course. Me and my comp set a goal to work our way to 20 member present lessons a week. We got 8 last week and so we have to find more investigators. This week we found a new investigator she literally just came up and asked if we could visit her and guess what...she is from Hawaii and doesnt speak Tagalog she speaks a different Filipino language called ilocano. So we teach her in complete english which is so fun for me and it is funny seeing my comp try to speak english. It is probably the same thing for him with me during lessons haha. Yesterday we had a Trainer trainee meeting and it was so awesome! I got to see so many missionaries I haven't seen for a long time! I saw my batch sister Anderson and Elder Houstan! sister Anderson is the one in the temple pic. Also I SAW ELDER PECK!!! haha He leaves this transfer and he came from Mindoro for some Passport stuff haha it was so fun! we talked forever and we made a deal that he cant get married or have a girlfriend until two week after my mission so we can party haha I dont know if that will happen but it is just funny. Then we had temple day today it was so awesome! I loved it is so weird since I have been on Mindoro they came out with a new video! that is so much better today..I think. I like the actors a lot better. I also saw Elder Romney and Elder Saurez and Elder Phelps at the temple today! I was so happy to see them we all ate after the session! yep...good week (: 

1. How is the city life?
Lovin it still 

2. If you had Temple day how was it?
It is in the email 

3. Any funny stories?
 probably I cant think of any right off of my head but there is one or two in the email.
 
4.Do you still hand wash your clothes?
yes it is the hardest thing ever I wash clothes so much just so I dont have to sit and do a 3 hour laundry session. I just do three pairs of garment one day and then the next day do three shirts and a pair of pants then when that runs out start over. 
 
That sounds awesome temple, fire pit and aquarium sounds very nice. I am glad I chose a mission as well.  crazy the movers came and you are packed already haha so soon. So yeah dad what movies did you want to watch haha I bought a mountain dew box and it had the new Xmen on it which looks awesome! Also I was wondering are you allowed to watch movies on your mission? 
I want to see that family history book when I get back that sounds cool! 
Your first missionary? Is he leaving soon or coming home? 
Dang last time in the Great Sunridge for 3 that is tough. But cool. 
That is so crazy you will email me from the MTC next week!! Do you know what you should do if you are allowed is go to the Philippines class and see if anyone is going to PQCM and tell them what ups!! Dang dad yeah that is cool the Hebrews scrip i just read it and i know I am privileged. I learned a lot this session and something I did different which I really enjoyed was before I start the session in the foyer I said a prayer and asked for revelation and this session i have learned the most than any other. Plus the new video interested me more. yeah we do take a lot for granted and I am so glad to been able to come here it opened my eyes to how amazing america is and just how blessed our family is. Dang that gave me the chills hearing Elder Holland is setting you both apart that is just like Peter or Alma! That would be so cool! Tell me all about that next week! 
So i am confused on this missionary that called is it one leaving or coming home. But that sounds super awesome! 

Thanks Dad Mom and sibs (including in laws-that is for future reference too) for the awesome example and testimony! 
I love you family! 

Love, Elder Jordan Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment