Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I am getting transferred ):

I got transferred. I did not want to be transferred I am sad that was my favorite area for sure. I am going to miss the baptism of Grace, Daisy and Jessyl. It is sad. But on the bright side I have four Elders in my next apartment and also I know the other two in my house and they are so awesome! One is from Utah one is from Australia and then my new comp is Pinoy. I don't know all the details yet but I am follow up training again...3rd time, guess I am good at it ;) My next area is called Marikina I think 4th ward but not sure next week I will have more details. Elders Saurez and Tipene are now going home tomorrow...so weird. Okay so this week was way good a lot happened. So one, me and Elder Ah Hong worked out hard all week. Also we had exchanges and Elder Santiago went to the UPLDSSA (University of the Philippines LDS single adults) So we met with them and taught a lesson about missionary work and how they could approach a friend about coming to church. It was way fun. We have pictures. Then Saturday we had MTC exchanges with the missionaries from the Provo MTC who just arrived in the Philippines. I went with Elder Schoffield who is the Elder with the glasses and blue tie in front of the church. He was awesome. We went out and tried finding people on the street. He was so nervous the whole time he was shaking. I just told him to fail as many times as he could. He told me he wanted to try one on his own so I went to the bakery and bought some cookies (i was hungry) then he tried to talk to her haha it was super awkward but I just let him keep going. He skipped asking her anything before giving her the card and just said " Hey how are you. This is a card from our church" That is all he said but in really rough grammar. Then after he said I don't even know what I would have said in english. Haha so we walked and role played in english. I applaud him that he wanted to try that on his own so soon. It was a good time though. Sunday we had 8 investigators at church and I was so happy! It makes me want to stay here even more but that is not what the Lord wants. Then yesterday we were walking in the UP campus and We saw some Pinoys playing Rugby and Elder Ah Hong got super excited/surprised and wanted to go play so we went down and played a little bit got some of there numbers to teach them and took some pictures. It was awesome. That was my week. Great week. Oh yeah and I totally ate lunch with Rex Linder last week It was so good seeing someone from home! It was really good to talk to him. He was nice and bought us Mac-do. I have pictures of that too. Also I am sad that Ah Hong and I only got two weeks together. He completed my full transfer of english companions. I am excited to tell you about my new area though. I love you family. 
Love, Elder Salisbury 

1. What is the exact date of your emergency transfer? Where in New Zealand is Elder Ah Hong from? (For the blog...por va for)
It was August 14th my year mark. He is from Aukland. 

2. Where did Elder DeLuna get transferred to?
To Taytay 

3. When are transfers?  When is Temple day?
Transfers are tomorrow or the 27th. Temple day will depend on my next areas schedule.

4. What does "Gwapa" mean?  It was on the coke can...does it mean "friend"?
Gwapa means Beautiful in a different dialect in the Philippines. Gwapo means handsome in tagalog though. 

Yeah it was good advice...Elder Malmrose is now an AP haha pretty cool. Yeah I did get to say bye to them. Hopefully I will see them again. 
Dad that sounds like a good mission Birthday to me. You have some good missionaries! 
That is super cool about the Ipads I would love our mission to get some. Do you still have a paper Area book with I pads because that is the biggest reason I want an Ipad. 
Great advice dad I have been working on only thinking about the present day and doing all I can to make the most of it. 
Try to play basketball or do a really simple jog in the morning Elder Ah Hong and I did this each day this week and it really helped us be more awake in the morning. 
Also Ah Hong is pretty good in the language right now he has structure down but needs more vocab. But it is really funny this has happened with multiple Pinoy familes this week Ah Hong will speak he will say a sentence in Tagalog then like get stuck but not show it he just starts speaking in english with throwing a few words in Tagalog in there and then after they are like wow you are really good in Tagalog Elder. I thought it was just funny I am like he just spoke basically all in English. He is pretty good though but it is just funny when he does that and then right after they are like wow your good. Thanks Dad I will let you know. 
Have a great week! Mom and Dad Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment