Monday, September 1, 2014

Straight outta Compton

So this week I am now in my new area Marikina 4th it is a clean area it is not allowed for them to have stray dogs or plastic. So that is nice. My new house is huge! It is 3 stories it is very clean 3 bathrooms way nice love it. I now have four missionaries in my apartment I LOVE THAT. One is like my best friend in the mission Elder Robison he was my zone leader in Mindoro we are talking all the time sometimes we don't realize it then go to bed late. He is training this new Elder named Elder Brown he is a 6' 4 monster from Compton. I love him he is really funny, he misses his family a lot. He has a brother that plays football for Miami the college. He is hoping that he will go pro and then when he gets back he wants to try to go pro. He is really great. Last night I told him to fight me and we started wrestling, he killed me he actually picked me up and threw me on the top bunk which is like 6 ft in the air. When I say he threw me he didn't put me on top of the bed he threw me with ease haha. It was all for fun but yeah he is a big guy. Then my comp, he loves reading. He is nice he tries to be perfect and he asks me everything. I am not training him I am his 3rd transfer in the field. He told me something one of the first days I got there he is like where I am from....we really look up to missionaries from Utah. He said he has always dreamed of a companion from Utah haha. That was cool though. He is very obedient which I like. But yep I like my new area I love having four in the house. It is very fun when you come home. We all work out every night, we even got my comp Elder Acaling to work out with us. Only new story I have really is we went to a recent converts birthday and it was a lot of fun we had food and cake they were so nice and loved us. They said I was really good in Tagalog and better than my comps last comp who I thought was really good so maybe I am better than I thought. Yeah my ward is really good they say that it is fully functioning as in they run the way they are suppose to with missionary work. I went and talked to the Bishopric yesterday and told them I am excited to serve the ward and then the bishop told me to get a dinner appointment with each of his counselors and  everyone in the room. Then he said lets take a picture and then told me to sit in his chair, so there is a picture of that. They were just really welcoming and I am excited to serve them. That is all I got this week I love you family.
Love, Elder Salisbury

1.  What is your companions name? Where in the Philippines is he from?
Elder Acaling. He is from Bacolod Philippines. 

2. What is the name of your new area (for the blog)...
Marikina 4th ward. 

3. What was Rex Linder doing there?  Did he come alone, with family or friends?  Did you ask him how Nicole is doing? (Nicole is Rex's sister and a good friend to Jordan--Lisa)
He was on vacation he is going to do school in China until July so he stopped here first. He traveled alone. I did he said she is doing good. But I email Nicole a lot so I kind of new already. 

Yeah Schoffield will do great it was really fun. I did love that area still miss it sometimes but I will be able to visit there before I go home. Sweet I am excited to get my package (:

Oh yeah and that missionary dad told me about last week the girl that got ejected from her car, her cousin is in my zone right now. He is an Elder from Utah. He has had a rough mission. His mom died from cancer last year on his mission and now his cousin. I feel so bad for him. I saw him on transfer day, he is the one I thought would be my kabahay or in my house but he isn't. sad stuff. 

Thanks mom and dad for the emails loved them! 
Love, Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment