Monday, November 3, 2014

GREAT week! Oaks.. ;)

1. How is the guitar investigator doing?  
He still hasn't come to church but he is doing good in lessons. 

2. When is Sally being baptized?
Hopefully on the 15th but Paul is being baptized this saturday

 I didnt see him get hit with the pistol and no it doesnt happen too much out here but not too long ago also in this area I saw a kid get hit with a huge piece of wood in the back. But I never feel in danger since I have been here. 
He is doing school! (Cendana).  Next week Elder Latu my follow up for 1 week is coming to go to lunch with me! 
We had two mission tours this year I missed the first one with Christianson because I was in Mindoro. But there was one this last week which I will talk about more later ;) 
Also sounds like you had a great tour! Very inspiring! Apartment: Great we have a lot of fun! District meeting once a week on Tuesdays. I enjoy zone conference, christmas conference and mission tours haha because there are a lot of missionaries. Mom sounds like she is doing so good! And so inspirational! 


So this week we had our mission tour too and Elder Oaks came! It was so awesome! He only went to 3 Philippines missions and ours was one! so this is some things they all said. Pres. Revillo said we are all Foreordained to this mission area and Comp. Also The Lord is in the details of our life. Sister Bowen did her testimony in Tagalog and sat down we were all impressed! Elder Bowen Said 3 things that will improve your mission 1. Follow the daily schedule 2. talk to 20 people a day 3. Plan every night. 
Oaks said, Our mission is to Establish the church. To develop a desire is a challenge (I think I said that to dad a couple months ago so true). He told us to teach Less actives commitment. He said It is hard in Christian countries with less actives because they are use to only going to church on holidays he said the way to fix it is teach them commitment. We grow through challenges 2 Nephi 2:2. He taught ITL which means Invite to learn to go along with OYM which means open your mouth. He gave us an example of starting to talk with someone it was funny he is like, "Hey I am American do you want to know why I am here?" Haha he was really funny a lot that day. He also told us that he never held keys before he was an Apostle. Last when we left we got a text from Pres. and Sis. Revillo saying that of all the Tours he did while he was here our mission was the only one that we all looked him in the eyes while shaking his hand. His wife said that she was going to speak to us about obedience but when she went up to speak she felt inspired not to talk to us about it! SO that was really cool. They gave our mission a lot of compliments! It was really cool!   
I was sick this week that sucked but I am better now. Also we had some cool experiences working just seeing the guide of the spirit to a sick old lady and old man in our ward. and also to a former investigator who we are now going to start teaching. So yeah it was a really good week! 
Love you family!  Till next week! 

Love Elder Salisbury 

No comments:

Post a Comment