Monday, January 26, 2015

A lot of exchanges

1. How did the Umu turn out? Was it good?  What else was on there besides the pork?
The Umu was very delicious it was a good way of  eating pork. There were potatoes things and that is it. 

2. Are you staying warm enough when you are out working and at night when you sleep?  That was weird to hear you say you could see your breath!!
Yeah I am very hot all the time except a few days last week it is very rare I have felt cold on my mission so it felt very good. I wake up cold sometimes though. 

3. Did the family make it to church this week?
No they didnt but we had another family come Jessil and Tintin so that was awesome! 

4. What did you do for your p-day today?
So last week we had zone conference and we talked to Elder Watts and Elder Tonga and decided to all meet at a mall in Marikina which is allowed on mall day so that is what we are doing. 

So my week was good. Tuesday I did my district meeting with the zone leaders there I taught about small and simple things bring great things to pass- thanks to the inspiration of Nates talk in church he sent me. It went well! One of the Zone leaders Elder Tinsley said something I liked a lot, his older brother told him this. I dont remember how he worded it but he said something like always being willing to learn from anyone. Basically no matter how good you are or think you are you can learn something from everyone. Then I told him that was awesome and it goes along with what my brothers taught me from there mission "No Pride" rep it! So after the district meeting I did exchanges with Elder Tinsley he is from Utah Farmington and he is 6 foot 8 so yeah it was weird I felt small! We had a good day though we saw a guy run into a dog on his motorcycle and crash..that was scary but he was totally fine. So we went to one of there recent converts Who is American! He is from Florida but he was born in Texas he said where in Texas and it was in one of Nicks areas, I recognized the name but I dont remember it now so you will have to let me know your areas Nick and I will let you know. But this guys name is Danny he has such a great conversion story Elder Hart found him in October he was a drinker addicted smoker and he quit and got baptized in December! They say that he use to swear all the time but now when I go there I haven't heard him swear once! He is in Mormon in the Book of Mormon right now he started in October...so cool! He said he sees such a great difference with the word of wisdom he has been jogging he said he can run so much farther after he quit! 
Then on Thursday we had our zone conference It was good a lot of new things. It was a lot of fun to see Elder Tonga, Elder Watts and Elder Mejos oh yeah Mejos will be with them today cause he is comps with Watts. 
Then Friday I did exchanges with Elder Lewis it was a lot of fun to be with an American but yeah it was a lot of fun. So at church this week like I said we had that family come and it has been awesome teaching them. They are loving the lessons and they have a lot of questions and are ready to learn. 
An awesome thing that happened this week was I saw Elder Ben Perkins this week on the way to our zone conference we stopped by the MTC to grab some things and I saw him it was so cool to see a familiar face! He looked awesome and happy to be there. I have pictures hopefully all will load before I run out of time. 
Love you family! 
Love Elder Jo Salisbury


No comments:

Post a Comment